Have you seen those adverts that claim that if you use energy efficient lights, you will not only be saving energy but also a lot of your money? That is actually true. Energy efficient lights can help you save money on your electricity bills because they do not consume a lot of power. Before you buy these lights for your house, let’s take a look at two of the different energy-efficient lighting options that you have:
• LED lights – Light Emitting Diode are miniature bulbs that are powered by the operation of electrons. Unlike regular incandescent bulbs, these lights do not use filaments which are why they last longer and there are no risks of the filament to burn out.
• CFL lights – Compact Fluorescent Lights came before LEDs and they started the revolution of energy efficient lighting. These emit a much powerful light than the regular fluorescent lights. They are available in a variety of shapes and sizes and have almost the same kind of lighting effect as the incandescent bulbs.
Now that you have an idea about the types of energy efficient lights that exist, let’s take a look at some of the benefits that these lights provide:
1. Energy efficiency – both LED and CFL have more the ability to last longer than your regular light bulbs. While CFL can run almost for 10,000 hours, LEDs can last for as much as 100,000 hours. In addition to lasting for 100,000 hours, LED lights have the capacity to reduce the electricity bills by almost 90%.
2. Durability – LEDs can withstand jerking and bump to a great extent. Since they do not have any filaments inside, the chances of withstanding the bumps and jerking are more. This makes them more durable than incandescent bulbs. They don’t break as easily as the traditional bulbs or tubes.
3. Versatile – in addition to being energy efficient and durable, these lights are also very versatile. There are many LED and CFL lights that come in 3-way lamps and have dimmer switches. This eliminates the need to use different lights for different lighting conditions. So, you are not only saving money from your electricity bills, but also by not having to buy so many different bulbs all the time.
Energy efficient lights have truly changed the way we see at different lights these days. Their power and ability to last longer, together with money-saving abilities have made them the first choice of users. See the friendly team at Electrician Geelong for more energy saving options.